Hobbyist programming is often a lonesome endeavour since it can be quite hard to find suitable people to work with and learn from. Introducing our solution: a web application that makes it easy to find partners to collaborate with via a matchmaking site designed specifically for programmers.
- Allowing messages to be sent via a pop-up window as opposed to a separate page was very challenging to do;
- As new developers taking part in our first hackathon, the time pressure was difficult;
- Successfully implemented accounts, conversations, messaging and projects;
- Happy with the look of our main pages;
- Used JQuery to allow conversation windows to pop up and send messages.
- Web development concepts;
- Developed very good teamwork skills e.g. divvying out tasks;
- Time management.
- Allow image uploads for accounts and projects using Active Storage;
- Allow users to send markdown and MathJax in messages;
- Make viewing projects a popup on the browse page as opposed to having it on a separate page;
- Have multiple choice fields for the account sign up;
- Clean up design to make the site more user-friendly;
- Clean up and optimise existing code;
- Ensure users cannot edit resources they should not have access to;
- Integrate login with Github.