Want to take part in the Webfest? Here’s what you need to do…
1. Sign up here: https://indi.to/e-webfest2021
2. If you have an idea for a project to work on, post it here: https://webfest.cern/ideas. If you don't have an idea, you can also browse the project proposals posted by others on this page.
3. Sign in to our custom app and select the projects you’d most like to work on during the Webfest. Those who have registered for the event will receive a link to access the app on Thursday 19th August and are asked to make a selection by the end of Friday 20th August.
4. Use the Mattermost chat channels to discuss ideas related to the projects in which you’re interested. Access to the Mattermost chat channels will be provided through the app.
5. Join us at 17:00 CEST on Friday 20th August for the opening session of the Webfest! We will start with a pitch session, during which each of the proposed projects will be presented.
Submitting your ideas
Participants are encouraged to submit their project ideas in advance for the best chance of forming a well-defined team.
- Maximum team size: 10
You can also submit an idea if you cannot be present at the event itself.
All project ideas will be listed on the 'Ideas' page as soon as submitted. Participants will organize themselves into teams to work on the most exciting pitches.
Preformation of teams is generally allowed. If this applies, please inform the firstname.lastname@example.org accordingly. Please also note that an individual registration for each team member is required.
Where will the participants work?
Like last year, 2021 Webfest will be held online. There will be plenty of opportunities for interaction, both between participants and with the various technical experts (mentors) taking part in the event.
What tools will the participants use?
Going by the open-source spirit, we encourage everyone to open source whatever they build in the Webfest.
Teams will work independently, coming together at key points through Zoom, Mattermost chat channels, and the Remotely Green platform. All will be coordinated through a custom webfest.app.
Presentations and winners
The event will wrap up on Sunday, 22 August, at 17:00 CEST, with a one-minute video presentation prepared by the teams. Winners will be announced on the next day — Monday, 23 August, at 17:00 CEST.
How innovative the technical solution is
(1 = no innovation, 5 = very innovative)
Creativity on the project presentation
1 = bad presentation, 5 = great presentation)
Potential impact in a real world application
(1 = no impact, 5 = great impact)